Senior Android Developer
1. Champion all aspects of Android UI development within current and up and coming guidelines. Aim and plan for maximum technical capability in current Android native UI animation techniques and new processes as they become available.
2. Self motivated in developing Android UI dev skills that meet guidelines, industry standards and current technology trends.
3. Articulately extract UI design measurements and style attributes from supplied PSD and WYSIWYG files for UI translation.
4. Ensure all App UI colour models and navigation workflows are optimised for any new features. This should be practised frequently whenever there downtime and a measure for next appraisal.
5. Test and check that all personal works successfully display the appropriate creative direction and operation requirements across all current
6. Project estimations should incorporate developer unit testing, stability and operation testing, achieving design requirements, UAT adjustments,
provisioning and deployment times.
7. Work under our Lead engineer to ensure current and e?cient coding practises, stable architecture and appropriate technical design are implemented
by all App developers.
8. Communicate same project UI operation requirements with the iOS UI developer.
9. Communicate with our UX, PM and lead engineer for daily stand ups, development methodologies and project briefs.
1. Strong commercial development experience as an Android Application Developer.
2. Proven successful release to Google Play.
3. Have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles.
4. Experience integrating with web services (REST).
5. Have knowledge of web and cloud-based services.
6. Strong end-to-end Development skills including structured analysis, documentation skills and test-driven development.
7. Confident with multi-threading and network management.
8. Proven implementation of user-focused design principles for application UIs.
1. Performance and optimisations experience (footprint, battery, memory, data usage).
2. Experience with image recognition technologies such as OCR (Tesseract).
3. Experience with Digital Signal Processing and Open-CV.
4. App security.
1. Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience.
2. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
3. A motivated self-starter with the ability to contribute new ideas and approaches for product development.
4. Ability to effectively report and manage or escalate risks and issues.
5. Experience and passion to design, develop and deliver native application-based solutions.
6. Ensure tasks are undertaken within budget and to the allocated timeframe at the appropriate level of quality to achieve requirements